Friday, December 4, 2009

4 Month Check Up

Beck had his 4 month check up yesterday at our NEW pediatrician. I was so excited, I HATED our old one. Anyway... apparently our scale is not accurate and we needed to add on a bit to Beck's weight. He weighs 15 lbs 5 ozs (56 pecentile), has a 66 percentile head circumference (who cares) and is 25 inches long which is the 76% percentile. Looks like Seth's genes are starting to take effect...

He also STEAM ROLLLED!!! I couldn't believe it. He was laying on his back, I was talking to the doctor and BOOM, flipped to his stomach. Our doctor was even impressed- he said it was early to be rolling over. He said "early," I heard "superior athletic ability." Thank God because we are really banking on him going straight to the pros. For the rest of the appointment, he was obsessed with looking at that thing the doctor looks at your throat and ears with. He loved it. I guess that means he's gonna be a doctor if he's not a professional athlete.

The doctor also told me we can start giving him cereal! I was really excited about this, I wanted to ask if I could, but I've always read your supposed to wait until 6 months so I didn't want to sound pushy. He said there's new research that shows you can start feeding solids at 4 months. We're gonna try it out tonight.... pictures to come.

Besides the immunizations (Beck didn't struggle or cry nearly as much this time), it was a great trip!

Then we went to KinderCare.

Remember how Beck won Star of the Month? That was incorrect. He was ASSIGNED Star of the Month. When I got there they had a note for me that said "Please bring in a family photo." Now, I read it as "Please ATLEAST bring in a familiy photo since you still haven't brought your son's Star of the Month poster in." Umm, sorry KinderCare, I don't know if you've realized or not but I have a baby. I do not have all the time in the world to go print pictures, get poster board and construction paper and make a dumb poster! And by the way, I have gotten all my supplies together, I just need to make it. And no, I won't bring in a family photo, I'll bring in a poster boad full of pictures like we discussed earlier, especially this one.


And then I got to thinking... what if they just want a family photo to make me a Christmas ornament or something and are not repeatedly asking for my poster. Oops. Ok, I'll bring in my poster tomorrow AND a family photo. If you accept both, I'm very sorry. If you do not and were just passive aggressively asking for my infants poster than please see the picture above.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretty damn funny story and last photo