Tuesday, December 29, 2009

I want to be formal, but I'm here to party!

Thank God Seth and I have off until the 4th.

We are both still exhausted from all our Christmas celebrations and travels and mostly because of Beck's mysterious turn to full time fussiness.

It started like this...

We opened presents from each other the night of the 23rd. This is definitely a tradition we won't continue next year. Santa has always delivered my presents on Christmas Eve morning and that's the earliest I'd like him to deliver Beck's too. Beck wasn't even wearing any Christmas jammies!




AuntiEP came over too and brought Beck his favorite Christmas gift yet. "Beck and EP's 1st Christmas" ornament. This is a tradition we'd like to keep! Definitely worth her overstaying her welcome...


After EP finally left, we went to bed, woke up the next morning, headed to my parents and opened presents there. Santa had left Beck TONS of presents!


Especially his high chair! Bye Bye Bumbo seat. Speaking of... what a waste. We LOVED it for the 2 or so months we used it but now it's kinda obsolete. Baby stuff is such a rip off! At least I can pass it on to someone else and get some moneys worth!


After Milly and Poppy Don's house we headed to Louisville for my grandma's Christmas. Believe it or not Beck got sooo much there too! In fact, I'm embarrassed to say it, but he got so much from so many people I don't know who got him what. Sooo instead of a thank you note here's a big thank you blog! I know it's not very good etiquette but neither is pooping on your mom. So I'm hoping we can bend the rules when a baby is involved. Next year.... Also, I didn't take any pictures! This is one after we had left and had already made it to Henderson around 11:00. Beck wore his tuxedo tshirt and Santa costume the entire day- it was a true Christmas miracle!

So we finally made it to Henderson where we head over to Seth's grandma's. Can you believe this is still the same day?? No pics there either... we're counting on you, Stephanie. Beck got more and more presents there too!! I am still amazed at all the presents one 16 lb boy can rake in!
Finally, Christmas day we woke up at Seth's parents and Santa did not bring Beck one single gift. Ha... Beck got his favorite toy to date and the funniest to watch him in, his Exersaucer!!! It could be a whole post on it's own!





Actually, it will be a whole post on it's own...

Last but not least, after breakfast, we drove to Corydon, to my cousin's house to have our last Christmas party. I shot my first gun and Beck met his first baby. He loved her! I wish I knew more people with babies in Lexington! Poor guy is missing out!



As exhausting as it all was, we had sooo much fun! Maybe even worth the fact that my child hasn't gone to bed before 12:00 am since.... again, a whole new post.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Beck made this Christmas very special!! My best present had to be you three being here Christmas morning!!