Beck is 5 months old today! At the risk of sounding redundant, where did the past month go? (Oh and this is the best month yet!) I think Beck weighs about 16 lbs now and is officially out of all his 3 month clothes. 6 months fits him perfect but he'll probably outgrow it soon and 9 months fits but is a little big.
Beck had his first taste of rice, oatmeal and carrots... oh and pickle. Ok, so I know I always said Beck loves his food, then I admitted that he just liked it but now, after this amazing revelation, he really does like it. What changed his ways, you ask? Just a little thing I call Rule #1- Don't Be an Idiot. It hit me one day that maybe I should warm up his food instead of just adding hot water. Wa-la, he enjoys solid food! Shocking, I know- who doesn't love cold rice and oatmeal?? Warm carrots went well also, that is, the warm carrots that actually made it into Beck's mouth... They went on the floor, on me, on Beck and the majority (naturally) landed on Seth's cell phone. Shhhiiiooooooot. Thank the Lord it still worked afterwards. And now, if Seth gets hungry, he has some dried carrot in between his number key cracks he can snack on. Blessing in disguise, right?
Beck is beginning to sit up on his own but still topples over easily. He really prefers sitting up to laying on his back, and gets really fussy trying to get up on his own.
He is really liking standing up too (pro athlete anyone?), which makes the ExerSaucer a perfect toy for him right now. Beck also likes to suck on his inner lips like he has an imaginary paci- kinda weird, kinda cute!
1/2 year, here we come! Ahh!







2 comments:
Yay to a great first Christmas for Beck and you all. Having a child makes it SOO SOOOO SOOO much fun!
* It will take a few days but Beck will be back on schedule before long. Ivy had to get back to routine too!
It has been an amazing five months!! I love the new pics!!
Post a Comment