Wednesday, September 30, 2009

(2 months since his) Birthday Boy!!

Remember me?
No? Me neither...
I cannot believe it's been 2 months since this picture was taken. I hardly remember the completely sleepless nights, constant feeding and crying from exhaustion. Those days creeped by so slowly and now they've flown by so fast. What I would give to have my 2 day old beetle bug curled up on my chest, I get teary eyed thinking about how big he's getting so fast!

Here's what Beck is up to at 2 months
He weighs 12 lbs 6 0zs (5lbs 1 oz more than at birth) and 22.75 inches (3.25 inches more than at birth) which is about the 50th percentile. His head circumfrence is 41 cm which is also right around the 50th percentile. His brain capacity however is in the 99th percentile... mother's intuition (and genes).
He is consistently eating 3-4 ozs and going 3 to 4 hours between feedings. He still isn't sleeping through the night but he only wakes up once or twice and the one timers are happening more and more frequently.
He is smiling and cooing alot (fart and non-fart induced alike). He is beginning to really love his mobile and Rainforest Crib Soother, though nothing can take the ceiling fan's place in his heart.
And finally, Beck met his first black woman today. My friend, Beatrice, is from the Congo- she was holding Beck today and he was staring at her so intensely and quizzically like "what on Earth is she?" I have seriously never seen him make this face. After a minute or so of staring he gave in to her and started being the smiley face boy we know and love.

What a big, big boy!! 

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Happy 2 month Birthday!! My how time flies!! I can't wait to see that sweet smiling face next week!!

JB said...

Happy 2 month old birthday big boy!!! Tell mom to pull out the sweat pants and hoodie. Even I have a little jacket when it's cold outstide!! Have fun in school!!

Mama Smors said...

Katie, Beck is precious!!! Time does fly and they are always changing and growing. I miss Baby Ivy but each stage has its very fun moments! :) Enjoy him.... and tell him that with his high brain capacity he may want an older woman- and I've got the perfect girl in mind!