Thursday, June 3, 2010

Childhood Games

Ok, so you remember when everyone on Facebook wrote a note that was 20 things about themselves? Well, I stumbled upon mine and reread it which is how I got here. My sister, brother and I used to play the weirdest games when we were little. And it never really dawned on me that they were weird... until now.

Game 1
Walk on the Butts
This game involved one of us laying on the ground while the others took turns stepping on that person's butt and then walking around in a circle and repeating the process. It was awesome. Some of my favorite times as a child were when we played Walk on the Butts.

Game 2
Naked People Town
My sister and I would take baths together undress our wish world kids and play with them in the tub. Everyone involved was naked hence the name. This is not to be confused with Clothed People Town.

Game 3
Ok I can't think of a third game, and honestly, Naked People Town isn't that weird. It's weird that we named it that, I guess but the act itself of playing with Wish World Kids in the tub... not weird. But Walk on the Butts? I crack up every time I think of how much fun we had playing that. Can you imagine if you and 2 of your friends got together, 1 of you laid on the floor while the other walked on your butt??? How on Earth did we come up with that and why on Earth was it fun? Kid's imaginations are crazy... I can't wait to see what Beck comes up with.

Did y'all have any crazy games? To all Jarrett/Cates out there... Seth says the only games he played were basketball and racing. When I asked about games where he had to use his imagination he said "Ghost runner on third." Hmm... if that's it let's hope Beck got my imagination genes. Anyway surely Seth played a dumb game! What was it???

6 comments:

bailey said...

ok this is hilarious. my brothers and i used to play Feet Fight - where two people would lay on opposite ends of the couch and kick the crap out of each other's feet. wtf?

Katie said...

hahahaha, looks like our families were the only creative ones out there... I can't imagine that the Poore kids... ok just EP... didn't do something dumb.

JB said...

My childhood games weren't too creative i guess, but still thought that some of them were worth a post. Mom says that I thought underprivileged kids were those that lived in the city. It was so much fun growing up on the farm that you really didn't have to be too creative to come up with stuff to do. We always had a horse or a pony, dogs and cats for one thing. But I distinctly remember rolling toads in the dust, then putting them in the cattles' water trough and watch them swim and get clean again, and then repeat the whole scenario, blowing up cow pies with fire crackers, throwing goose eggs off the top of the hog parlor, and flushing snakes out of holes with a hose, swimming my horse in the pond...never shutting the gate so the cows would get out and go downtown, hunting for arrowheads, looking for salamanders in the creek, playing out in the cattle lot on a summer night and some of our tamer cows would let you sit on them. My Nana had a stable of stick horses that we played with and we also played cattle truck on our bikes!!!

Katie said...

Mom, I think you clearly win...

jch said...

...ok ... i've been thinking and thinking...surely the Cates' had some sort of CRAZY game growing up and guess what ?? i remember something pretty funny. Yes, it involved THE baby(of nine), Stephanie. We all were VERY entertained by music (growing up in Corydon, there wasn't much else to do). We ALL thought we were pretty good singers and AWESOME dancers !! HAHAHAHAHAHA!! (girls can dream) Prince music was usually blaring and we would dance..dance ..dance. Stephanie (surprise,surprise) would get our poor dog Nicki (yes I said dog)..pick up her front paws, having her standing on her hind legs, and do the BUMP with her. Our poor dog didn't seem to mind it and Stephanie thought it was sooo very COOL..

Anonymous said...

K, so I know I'm late to the party on this and you might not even see this but I know what Ghost Runner on third (probably) means.

When we played kick ball and didn't have enough players we would have ghost runners take players spots on the bases, so someone could kick the ball (in case the entire kicking team were all on bases or inside eating or something. The Ghost runner would run exactly as fast as the next person behind it, so say Tyler Quick was on second and you were on third and you made yourself a ghost runner so you could kick the ball. Your ghost runner would get to home, as soon as Tyler got to third.

Anyway, ghost runner on third isn't from a hilariously weird game, sorry.

Robbie