Ahh breast feeding... How you have reeked havoc on my life. How many times must I be pumped and pulled in a way no body should be pumped and pulled. I have come to dread the times 11:00 and 2:00 just knowing I'll be alone in the bathroom, half naked, staring through the crack in the door for at least the next 20 minutes. I hate everything about you. I hate the fact I still can not wear what I'd like to. I hate the fact I still can not drink a tall boy PBR whenever I want to. I hate the fact that secretly I want to breast feed for 12 months just so I can say I did it. I hate the fact that because of you I'm back to my high school weight (ok, don't hate that... love that...)
Why put myself through all this torture?
All for this 20 lb 6 oz, 2 toothed, 97th percentile head circumference love bug. Because breast feeding builds immunity and immunity filled babies don't get sick.
Beginning in February, Beck had his first ear infection in his right ear. That lasted for about 2 months, no antibiotic could wipe it out. No antibiotic except for the nastiest diarrhea inducing medicine on the planet. The maker behind the KinderCare kick out double dump. Augmentin, you have a special place in Hell right next to the man who decided to get rid of the Nerds Blizzard at DQ. Anyway, we found out it had finally cleared up when we took Beck in for his follow up visit. Right ear, perfect, left ear, infected. At that point, I was kinda upset but at least an antibiotic had cleared up the right ear infection and now we just had to get rid of the left one, hopefully faster than the right. This past Friday was Beck's 2 week follow up on his left ear infection and both ears got a clean bill of health!! Finally!!!! Woohoo!
Today... 3 days later... Beck has a double ear infection.
Screw you breast feeding.




4 comments:
This post is sooo funny! Oh the joys of being a mommy!
Tall Boy PBR? Really? And I thought I was the only one who was furious about the DQ nerds blizzard....and green apple gatorade.
Yes, the $2 tall boy PBR, my drink of choice as a poor... very poor... Rosebud patron. and gahhhhh how good is... was... green apple gatorade- Dad got that allllll the time!
I am so sorry about the ear infections.... they stink!! And I am fully preparing for our baby #2 to be the same way that Ivy was. They say ear infections are genetic and it's the way the ears are formed. I had tubes twice, Greg once.... our children have NO hope!! You are DOING awesome breastfeeding (and pumping, that is the WORST part)! Even if it isn't preventing ear infections, it is making Beck grow and saving you a TON of money!
Post a Comment