Sunday, May 30, 2010

10 Months

Beck is 10 months old today.

He is officially walking. He usually takes about 3 or 4 steps and then falls, gets back up again, 3 or 4 more steps and so on. But he's taken up to 9 at a time. He gets much better every day.




I think he's said his first word.... in fact, I proclaimed it on Facebook so I can't go back now. You tell me. When at my parent's house he would look at their dogs and say "doh, doh." He never says that, he always says "dadadadada" but never "doh." Anyway I thought that was interesting but I also thought it may just be a coincidence. THEN, one day, we pulled into our driveway and there was a dog behind the car. Beck got so excited, he was kicking his legs and screaming "DOH, DOH!" So that means, first word is dog right? Well that's what I thought, but he hasn't said it since and he's seen dogs many times. I don't know what to think so I'm just gonna say he said his first word. After all, it is Facebook official.


He looooves playing with toilet paper and the toilet. I've never seen a child crawl so fast as when the bathroom door gets left open. We lost a paci to the porcelain throne a couple days ago.



He still loves the bath tub and also the pool. I don't know if I've shared this secret on here before but I've always feared he would poop in the tub. Well, it finally happened. I just drained the tub and sent it full of peas and carrots down the drain. I hope that's ok. "Well actually, Mr Plumber, my drain is clogged because I rinsed a big dump down it." I'm not really sure what else you're supposed to do about a tub dump. I was definitely not gonna strain it out. EW.


He has 2.5 teeth! His bottom 2 are fully in and he has a top one that's just broken the skin. So we'll be at 3 shortly. Teething has not really been an issue for us, which has been awesome.


ABOUT THE EARS. We went to an ENT Friday and we've decided since Beck is getting pulled from daycare in 2 weeks we're gonna wait it out and see if getting out of daycare will stop the ear infections. I hope so!!! As much as I don't want Beck to have surgery I also don't want to pay a $500 deductible because well, I just bought a BOB and now I'm broke... More about BOB later.



7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Happy 10 months Birthday!!! I love the video of him walking. Can't wait to see him!!!:)))

Jenny said...

You look as pale as me in your pool pics. Suckaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!

Katie said...

pale is the new cancer free

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

The video of Beck is so cute & I can't wait to see him again!!! And I agree with you pale is the new cancer free:) I'm now getting the airbrush tan & when it wears off I'm back to glowing in the dark... LOL!

emilyadams710 said...

haha I love the narration by Seth in the first video "walkin'....boom." Beck is SO big! I love him. I also love those curtains in that room....Shadesoflight?

Katie said...

Stephanie- we will see you this weekend! I should probably invest in an airbrush tan too so my pale, pregnant sister (who lives in Texas and has every opportunity to be tan) will quit judging me. rude.

Emily- I haven't watched the video with sound yet... I should probably prescreen them before I broadcast- sounds like this one was rated G atleast

The curtains are from Crate and Barrell- we love them, they are very good quality but 1 is like 2 inches longer than the other... weird... and Shades of Light, specifically Eve Dobbs, can hang themselves on my curtain rod. 2 months later, still no rug.