Friday, January 8, 2010

Boogey

I've been thinking about this guy a lot lately.



I really hate people talking bad about him, calling him a butt*hole and trash among other choice words. True, the man has a temper and true he sometimes does act out but also true he's an 18 year old kid. Who wasn't an idiot at 18 and how many of us were on the big stage like he is? We can't all be perfect like John Wall. Not to mention, he's some woman's baby, which I don't think you can appreciate until you have a baby yourself. Most importantly, however, I think my son, who has also been given the nickname "Boogey," may be him in 18 years.

Big and black? Probably not.

An AWFUL sport? Absolutely.

Seth and I play Scrabble, rummy and the Wii a lot. And by "play" I mean curse, scream, fight, throw boards, quit and stop speaking to each other. I can't speak for Seth but nothing makes me more mad than when I lose, especially when I've got 7 vowels infront of me!!! What good is a triple word score when my word is "it" and Seth's are "jolly" and "zero." I rarely cuss but if I need a good cathartic melt down just put a board game infront of me. Even more irritating is how giddy with delight the other person is upon seeing the loser "lose it."


That being said, what chance does Beck have? I will try my hardest to keep my cool infront of him, but I'll be damned if I'm not gonna kick his ass a time or two in Memory. Welcome to the real world, kiddo. I think I'll be fine with Chutes and Ladders and CandyLand, those games require no skill and "I wasn't really trying anyway." But genetically, yikes... he's in trouble... and if someone calls my baby a butt*hole and trash among other choice words I'll be in a world of trouble too...

Also, listen up and listen good, because this doesn't happen often.

I am an idiot.

I wrote about Beck meeting his "first baby" at Christmas and talked about how much he liked her and how I wished I knew more moms with babies. My stupidness dawned on me this week as I picked up Beck from KinderCare in a room full of snot nosed babies. First baby indeed.

Duh.

9 comments:

Allyson Culver said...

When I read this I started cracking up! All I want to say is Candy Land!! Seth hated to lose at any board game it was horrible to play him!!!

Anonymous said...

what matters in competition is not victory but the magnificence of the struggle

Joe Patero

Jennifer said...

I don't who is to blame, but Munner nor I did not let Seth win playing cards or board games??

jenny said...

2 things:
First, the anonymous comment is definitely Poppy Don.

Second, you need to hear a couple of stories about Big Cuz from Dad and then you may feel differently. Yeah, we were all idiots at 18 but that doesn't give you an excuse to be a mean person. And Beck would NEVER be a mean person!

Katie said...

No thanks, I'd rather remain blissfully ignorant. It's not as fun cheering for people you don't like

JB said...

I played a lot of "Memory" card games with you Katie and you HATED losing, but what you hated even more than losing (which wasn't too often) was when I tried to lose so we could finish up the game ... because I guess I thought i was too busy and had to move on to something else. Now to have those days back!! So enjoy your play time with little Beck - goes by fast!!!

jenny said...

That's probably a good idea. And when he plays basketball, it's hard to not like him, which is double bad because then I feel like a shallow person. You're right that we can't all be John Wall but maybe he'll teach Cuz not to be a bully.

Anonymous said...

How funny is it that you were smart enough to know when Mom wasn't trying at memory.

Anonymous said...

Does Memory still exist? I haven't even thought of that in over 15 years