Saturday, January 30, 2010

(6 months since his) Birthday Boy!

Today Baby Beck is 6 months old! Half a year, where did it go? And in another half a year he'll be one! Half a year of diapers, half a year of breastfeeding, half a year of not sleeeeepppinnnngggggg.

At 6 months old, Beck weighs 17 lbs 15 ozs, is 27 inches long and has a pretty decent sized noggin.

He no longer likes to sit on my lap and read. Instead, he prefers to flip over and play with things on the side table next to the glider. Particularly the lamp and especially the beaded lamp shade. Said lamp now resides on the floor behind the glider.

At his doctor's appointment he got 5 more immunizations. He cried some but immediately stopped when I picked him up. And immediately resumed when I put him down. It was so sweet, it was the first time I've been able to console him with just cuddling after shots.

He has such a personalitly now too. He is happy allll the time and thinks his dad is the funniest person ever (I have not brought out my best material yet).

He's eaten green beans, carrots, bananas, pears, apples... and that's all I can remember. He loved apples but everything else he sometimes loved sometimes didn't but never refused anything.

We are still in a sleeping dilemma. On one hand, he has a hard time sleeping when he's not swaddled. He always knocks his paci out of his mouth and then wakes up. On the other hand, I think he wants to sleep on his stomach. I don't want to swaddle him and have him roll over and then not be able to flip back over or push him self up on his hands. There have been 1 or 2... or 10... arguments over how we should put him to sleep. Any suggestions on transitioning from swaddle to stomach?

And lastly, at the tender age of 6 months, Beck has met the girl of his dreams.... Sophie. More on her to come...

7 comments:

jenny said...

OH MY GOSH that video is the cutest thing I've ever seen!!! He is laughing so hard!

JB said...

Maybe Seth can get a gig at the Comedy Club. Obviously Beck thinks he is pretty funny!

Jennifer said...

The "pretty good size noggin" is a Jarrett trait which means he will have trouble with fitted baseball caps in the future - just ask Matty J?? Love the video!!

jch said...

Can't wait to hear more about Sophie (luckiest girl alive!!) !!!

Katie and Eric said...

Hi! I found your blog through a friend of mine from KY and I must say it's hilarious! Wanted to give a suggestion from the swaddle to stomach...our 8 month old went through that and we now put him in sleep sacks...they aren't as tight as the swaddle, but they definitely help!! He loves them.

Katie said...

Thank you!!!! I'm going to buy one tomorrow!

Unknown said...

I can't wait to hear more about this Sophie character...